Larb is a type of Thai chicken salad. It comes from the Isaan region of Thailand (North Eastern part of Thailand). Larb is quite spicy, and very delicious.
- 300g of chicken mince
- 1 lime (just the juice)
- 100g of milled sticky rice (roasted until brown in color, then crushed)
- 2 stalks of coriander, chopped into 1 cm long pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced into small pieces
- 5 dry chillies (or as much as you like), chopped very small
- 1 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- half cup of water
- 20 leaves of mint
- 1 cup of plain white rice
- Steam the plain white rice in a rice cooker or pot until ready (between 20 – 30 minutes).
- While the rice is cooking, heat a wok or a frying pan and add the chicken mince. Add a little water to prevent from becoming too dry.
- Stir the chicken until cooked.
- Turn the heat off.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir for a few seconds, so that all ingredients and chicken are mixed together well.
Serve with the steamed rice. You can have sliced cucumber on the side.