This recipe is for stir fried chicken and basil, which is a popular dish in Thailand. In Thailand, we call this “Pad Ka Pao Gai”, which translates into english as “stir fried chicken and basil”.
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, chopped small
- 4 chillies, chopped small
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 300g of chicken breast, chopped small
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 100g of beans, chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp of water
- 1 cup of rice
- Steam the rice in a rice cooker or pot, and rest
- While the rice is resting, heat the oil in a wok or fry pan until hot
- Add garlic and chilli, and stir until garlic begins to turn yellow (about 1 minute or so)
- Add chicken and stir until chicken is 90% cooked.
- Add oyster sauce and continue to stir until chicken is cooked
- Then add the beans, basil, and onion, and stir fry for about 2 minutes
Serve the stir fry with the steamed rice.